Amazing Vegan Black bean recipe to try right now!
February 8, 2018 Adrienne Brown 0 Comments
These amazing vegan Black Beans were not a staple on my grandmother’s table, but I discovered them while trying to provide nutritional food to my army of men. today, I still prepare these delicious beans, served with brown rice and a slice of sweet cornbread!
Try cooking these and see that you won’t add them to your regular menu!
- 1lb bag of black beans
- 1 large onion (I prefer red, but I had a white one this day)
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 3 sprigs of green onion
- 1 can of diced tomatoes & 1 whole fresh tomato
- bunch of fresh cilantro
- seasoning: Kosher salt, cumin, black pepper, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, onion powder and hot sauce
- place beans in a large pot of water, bring to a rolling boil. Turn down to medium and cook until beans are nearly done.
- Test beans for softness, if good, add all other ingredients except fresh tomato and part of fresh cilantro.
- Once beans are to your taste, serve.
I love to serve these over brown rice, it just looks so pretty and is super nutritional. These beans provide so much protein that I do not use any meat at all in them, my family never complains.
Don’t forget to spice them up with hot sauce and or jalapeno pepper! We love them both.